Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Roasted Cauliflower

Okay, I know that Toffee Pretzel Bark is a pretty hard act to follow, especially with a vegetable, but I figured I might need to eat a bunch of this to make up for eating too much of the Toffee Pretzel Bark.

I made this the other night with baked potatoes and salmon.  G immediately told me he didn't like cauliflower, but I put some on his plate anyway.  He ate his potato, then reluctantly put a piece of cauliflower in his mouth.  I waited for the complaint, but it never came.  He gobbled it up and then said, I do like cauliflower!

This was a great change from steamed cauliflower.  I have also done this with broccoli.  It was yummy but I liked the cauliflower better.


Picture from Flicker ex.libris.  Ours got eaten too quickly to take a picture! (Mine looked exactly like this though!)
 This recipe is super simple...

Roasted Cauliflower
  • 1 head cauliflower
  • olive oil
  • crushed garlic cloves
  • salt (sea salt if you have, if not regular works too)
  • pepper
*Preheat your oven to 400 degrees (375 if you have convection).
*Break cauliflower into bite sized pieces and place into a large bowl.
*Add crushed garlic.
*Drizzle with olive oil.
*Season with salt and pepper.
*Spread on a cookie sheet (I used my Pampered Chef stone).
*Bake for 20-30 minutes or until browned (that's what makes it taste so good).

Enjoy!

-Carla :)

2 comments:

  1. oh, this looks good! I have a vegetable hater in my family. Not sure if he'll try it but I'm going to keep it in mind for when I'm feeling adventurous! I don't think of serving cauliflower...pretty much ever! Thanks for the recipe!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't even like cauliflower but this looks yummy and worth trying (so my kids can see me set a wonderful veggie eating example :) )

    thanks for visiting and commenting today.

    xoxo

    emily @remodelingthislife

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear from you. Leave me a comment if you have tried a recipe or have ideas on how to improve a recipe. If you have a question I will try to answer it the best I can! Thanks for reading!