|Another one of my unskilled photos!|
(adapted from www.food.com)
- 2 lbs ground beef
- 1 (29 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1 (29 ounce) can kidney beans (with liquid)
- 1 (29 ounce) can pinto beans (with liquid)
- 1 (29 ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 1 (4 ounce) can diced green chilies
- 1 cup diced onion
- 1/2 cup diced celery
- 2 -3 teaspoons cumin powder
- 3 tablespoons chili powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoons black pepper
- salt to taste
- 1-2 cups water
*Add all other ingredients. (Add water as needed). Bring to a boil.
*Simmer 1.5 to 2 hours on low with lid ajar until thick.
I made a few adjustments. I used beans that I had cooked at home so they had no liquid. I found that I did need to add the full two cups of water to make the initial chili watery enough that I could simmer it down. I also added two cans of mushrooms as I love mushrooms in my chili. I loved the addition of the green chilies, they were the icing on the cake for me!!