Thursday, January 5, 2012

Cherry Chocolate Oatmeal Cookies

I don't make cookies very often, so when I do I want to make sure that it is a really good recipe.  Cherries and chocolate are one of my favorite combinations, so when I came across this recipe I knew it would be a keeper.  It definitely was!!  These cookies keep sneaking out of the freezer into my mouth every time I walk by the fridge...

Picture by ME.

Cherry Chocolate Oatmeal Cookies
(from Elsie Marley)
  • 1 cup butter, room temperature
  • 1/2 cup packed light-brown sugar
  • 1/2 cup granulated sugar
  • 1 large egg
  • 1 teaspoon vanilla
  • 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
  • 1 teaspoon baking soda
  • 1/4 tea salt
  • 1 1/2 cups oats
  • 1 cup dried cherries, chopped
  • 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
*Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
*Cream the butter and sugar on medium speed until light and fluffy, 2 to 3 minutes. Add the egg and mix on high speed to combine. Then add the vanilla.
*Combine flour, baking soda and salt. Add the flour mixture to the mixer.  Mix just until combined. Add the oats, cherries, and chocolate.
*Place heaping tablespoons full of dough onto a lined or greased baking sheet.
*Bake cookies about 13-17 minutes.

I hope you enjoy these every bit as much as I did!

Enjoy!
-C :)

Linked to Sweet as Sugar Cookies - Sweets for a Saturday.

1 comment:

  1. I like cherries and chocolate in my oatmeal cookies too. I have a sweet treat linky party going on at my blog till Monday night and I'd love it if you'd come by and link your cookies up. http://sweet-as-sugar-cookies.blogspot.com/2012/01/sweets-for-saturday-51.html

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear from you. Leave me a comment if you have tried a recipe or have ideas on how to improve a recipe. If you have a question I will try to answer it the best I can! Thanks for reading!